Saturday, November 19

Cold With best intentions

How am I going to harness all the courage I've got?
I know its going to take it all to make this all o.k.

so I'm going to have to find it in me to fight like I used to
to feel like I want to and to smile like I can

and when the rage has cleared and my eyes are clear
and the fury and the tears have slipped away
from memories and my ears

I will be left with what I knew would be, what is mine
and I will be left with how I handle this all- how I behaved

then broken promises will be judged
and violence and anger
I will stand to acknowlege who I am in the light I claim

will I stand fair and just? Will I be sweet with honor?
would I slump and squirm wrought with sheepish sorrow?

I know what I have to be to work towards who I know
I have to be strong for
I know there isn't a friend to call on, this is mine to conquer

maybe for a salute to your good intentions...
I don't demand repayment of any shadow-taker
all vengeance is mine.........
mine is integrity, perserverance, humility and honor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home