Thursday, June 1

55 miles and i can still hear you breathing

Professor-- 55 miles from the city.
you call at obsolete times in our lives and you don't write
--except to tell me what to do.
And yet I can still hear you having your own
Sometimes you like it, your kind of fun.
But other times you cry so loud I can hear you in my dreams.
And I see you checking on me. Here; in my thoughts
these thoughts I put on loan
To see what is next,
Is it about you? I tell you, this day falls on you.
These things are for you, these words mindful things of mine.
Remember when...and remember these words.

55 miles and sometimes I lay awake at night
and wonder if I am dreaming
I wonder what healthy is and try to imagine
if I can mirror my soul to fit into my body's reflection.
Where has my heart been?
Has she been free as I hoped she could fly?
Or did I abandon her like a tiny bird
pushed from her mothers breast, from the nest?
I know that I am blamed between me and you.
And God knows I cut corneres in the race we were in
just to see if I could finish us alive.
But kind sir, I still feel like a novice --even still
like a fidgety little niaeve goddess.
I hope that your learning new things and that your teaching wise.
With your words and your manners and your ways.
If you ever need a soft place to land I did grasp the concept of compassion.
And I never forget a kind face.
Please don't read me wrong, your the one who sped away.
I just wanted to talk sometime. Just to say hi.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You. Beautiful.

2/6/06 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see you are who you are not who you wished you could be.
55 miles and you wont have to hear my breathing much longer. Beautiful

16/6/06 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home