Thursday, May 18

12.03.03 Part I

If I could just take a step back,
I suppose I need the room to explore.
Everything is up so close, I feel distorted.
Like I am tied to a tree of thought I am looking to see.
Let me step aside of myself.
If I could do that for just a moment.
For a minute wonder why I wonder and analyze...
Why do I do this? Why do I think that? Why do I feel this way?
Just so I can put myself down
and never learn , hear or feel of my heart.
Nobody can make you.
No one will break what they can't touch.
Nobody can forgive you. No one will complete you.
I am not of glass, not borne of clay.
I cannot be sculpted. I am not fragile. I am not handmade.
I am expensive. I will not be handled like a toy.
I am not stuck on a shelf. I am not needing a favor.
I do silly things sometimes. I shout in joy and anger.
I dance like only I can. It feels good when I do it.
It feels wonderful when I am dancing just for me.
Sometimes I say things I don;t mean.
Or I forget to say anything at all.
I am not trapped in a sad little corner in my mind.
No longer, not any more.
But for a moment was strapped down to an unhappy little chair.
With a table, Kind of dusty.
So I, I took a step back, I looked around.
I saw where I was. It was time to get out of there.
Some dusty old closet where I could hide in unhappier days.
I had to clean that room. I threw it all away.
Now, I can see clear--
who I am on the inside, who I want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home