Friday, March 17

ummmm... i think so

Bearing all the weight, that my petite shoulders can muster,
I come before thee and ask what is to be-
What is to become of me?
Is the future dim?,
Or is it dimly lit? --
I suppose it is all up to me.
And for all the burdens I brave; I must take
I must want these shaddows of blame
and heavy-handed weight as they make my stides longer
my mind sharper and my tounge not so slick as when I was younger
Not to say that older is old.
Thank this world and these heavens that I am still
young enough to admitt defeat agianst my own indiscretions,
my youthful opinions and arrogance.
That I am not so much older than my innocense to say I was wrong.
The worlds ways are not in error for being unlike mine.
I have been selfish and greedy and domineering and resentful.
And i am grateful to be young enough still to say
I am grateful to be wrong in my convixtions.
I have found Tangible strength in my own recovery,
from a one time self sufficient lover

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home