Monday, February 18

player

look at all these players on either side of me
telling me who I should beware of
clever little boys pulling at my heart strings
hoping I wont notice who isn't being good or kind
This intuition is hounding and unrelenting
How can I be your little anything
if you wont be any kind of real to me?
what did I know in the beginning?
that your smart enough to be dangerous?
greedy enough to believe these blue eyes as they were going down?
and I keep choking on the thought that I'm not your only one
How can you desire me, long for me, even without respect for me?
I don't know how much longer I should keep pretending
but I have my reasons
I don't know how to play your games
and you must be good cause you say you always win
I'm better at pulling dirty punches
I know things that you wont tell me I know things I shouldn't know
I know you have never messed up as bad as you did
when you let me in your front door
maybe you don't get why I am still hanging around
bringing you sweetness, climbing all over you, playing house
because your messing with my emotions and my trust
eating my heart out of some other girl's lust
I beg you better pray you know what your doing
your messing around with a carper, a deviant, a Vixen
And I've been watching how you think your so clever
really, your not much of a player-
so I suppose what you take from me wont get you down
but if I were you, I'd be careful what you've been given

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home